See attached PDF for graphical instructions
City of Santa Barbara VPN Instructions
The City of Santa Barbara provides remote access to your work computer securely via a Virtual Private Network (VPN) connection. This system also uses a "Two Factor Authentication" system called DUO Security, which requires a second factor on your phone to confirm your login. Below are the instructions to setup and connect to the VPN.
Pre-Req: Install Duo Mobile app and set up Duo account with initial VPN log in
1. Connect to your mobile platforms app store; Google Play Store for Android, App Store for iOS.
2. Search for DUO Mobile and install. (The App is free)
3. Once installed, open the app and leave it open. We will finish registering the device once we connect to the VPN page.
Initial VPN Account Setup
1. Open your internet browser (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc..)
2. Connect to https://remote.santabarbaraca.gov (Tip: Save this page to your favorites)
3. Log into the site using your City username and password
4. If this is your first time connecting to the VPN site, you will be prompted to set up two-factor authentication for logging in. Select "Start Setup."
5. This next screen prompts you for the type of device you want to enroll. Information Systems recommends using the mobile phone.
6. Register the device by entering your phone number with the area code.
7. Now select the devices platform (operating system)
8. Next you will be asked to install the app. Since we already have it installed, check the box that states "I have Duo Mobile installed" and click continue.
9. You will now be prompted to scan a QR Code () with the Duo App. Open the app on your phone and follow the on-screen prompts to get the scanner.
10. Once scanned, a green checkmark will appear over the QR code on your computer screen.
11. This next screen allows you to select how you want to receive your authentication notification. It is recommended you select "Automatically send this device a Duo Push."
12. You should now have an alert on your phone with 2 options; Accept or Deny. If you accept, you will be automatically forwarded to a page where you will see your computer name. Click on the link to start the VPN session to your workstation. (Note: If you receive a DUO Push notification when you have not logged in, DENY the request, as it could mean someone is trying to log into the VPN under your user account.)
When are finished with your remote session, close your web browser windows to securely end your VPN connection.
Accessing the VPN Portal
Once your VPN account has been configured for Two Factor authentication with the DUO App you can access the City of Santa Barbara VPN Portal, by simply going to https://sslvpn.santabarbaraca.gov in a web browser. You will login using your City username and password, then confirm your access request using the DUO App.
If you are having difficulty connecting to the City of Santa Barbara VPN, please contact the Help Desk for assistance at (805) 897-2598.